Maybe you are scrolling through your contact list on your iPhone and you noticed there are lots of phone numbers, emails, and names of people you do not feel like keeping in touch with anymore. Do not worry; you can actually get rid of them. In this post, I will be showing you how to delete all contacts on the iPhone with some simple steps. Let us go.
In the early days of smartphones, you can have your contacts transferred from device to device during the upgrade process. With the availability of iCloud and email backups, you can easily transfer contacts to every new device you purchase recently. While this method is convenient, it gets you to wind up with older contacts you had from the late 2000s. Though these old contacts are not causing any harm on your device, maybe you just want to purge out some content from your contact list. That is why I will be teaching you how to delete all contacts on the iPhone.
Another good reason why you may want to delete all the contacts on an iPhone maybe because someone actually gave the iPhone to you, and it was not initially yours. There is a simple way you can do this. Just follow the steps I explained below.
Simple Steps on How to delete all Contacts on the iPhone
- If you are looking for how to delete contacts on an iPhone, then follow these steps.
- Open the Settings App and scroll down to the Contacts tab and then tap that button.
- Tap on Siri & Search then toggle the “Contacts Found in Apps” to the off position.
- Go back to the main screen of Settings and scroll up to Passwords & Accounts. Select a non-iCloud account, such as Gmail or another one.
- Slide the Contacts slider to the “Off” position. Doing this will lead you to be prompted to delete all of the contacts that are stored locally on your phone.
- Once you select the Delete From My iPhone, your contacts associated with that account will be deleted.
- Go back and do this for the various different Accounts on your phone and once you did that, you shouldn’t have any contacts left.
The good aspect of this method is that it does not actually delete your contacts completely. Performing the above-listed tasks simply removes them from your iPhone.
How to Delete Selected Contacts in iPhone
Though this process is easier from the iCloud, it can be carried out from your iPhone too. By using your iPhone, you can click on each contact, then you tap on the “Edit” button located at the top-right of the screen. Scroll all the way down to the page and click on “Delete Contact” in red. Finally, you hit the “Confirm” button.
This process is time-consuming, especially if you have lots of contacts you want to delete on your iPhone. The simpler method is to log on to iCloud with your computer and highlight multiple contacts at once, then you delete all of them.
How to Delete Contacts from Your iPhone using a Desktop Computer
You can easily delete all contacts in your iPhone bu using a desktop PC. Simply go to the iCloud website and sign in with your iCloud account. Once you are in, you can open the Contacts menu on the iCloud website There are a few things you can do in terms of how you want to delete your contacts.
Once you hold the control button and click multiple different people in your contact list, you will be able to bulk delete the whole of them. However, if you want to delete them all, you can press control and the A button simultaneously to select them all at one time.
Once you have selected them, you can then hit the little cog on the bottom-left of your screen. From here, click on the delete option to remove the ones you’ve selected. Make sure that you really want them all deleted, as once you delete all the contacts, you will not be able to reverse the decision.
Now, you have learned how to delete all contacts on the iPhone, you can simply give it a try at your convenient time. But before you do, make sure you do not need those contacts you intend to delete anymore.