Can you download Peacock on Firestick? This is an important question some owners of Firestick are asking. In this article, I will be showing you how to install Peacock TV on Firestick for free. All you have to do, is to read through all the information found on this page (I call it the Peacock on Firestick update), follow the step-by-step guide, then you are good to go.
You will agree that in recent times, most of us watch our favorite shows from the internet on our smartphones, computers, or televisions with the help of smart devices. The Amazon Firestick is one such device. You can easily plug the Firestick into your television’s HDMI port, and with the help of the internet, you can watch your favorite shows on the go. These sticks come with an operating system that supports various software to stream media from the internet.
Peacock TV is one of the most popular streaming platforms you will find today. Hence, it is also supported on Firestick. Remember, this post is about how to install Peacock TV on Firestick. This simply means I will be showing you how to download and install Peacock TV on Firestick right here. But before we move to the steps, let me show you the free and premium packages of Peacock TV.
Peacock TV Streaming Packages
The Peacock TV streaming service is the latest offering from NBC/Universal. The streaming platform provides an extensive library of NBC comedies and dramas, live sports events, and Universal Studios films. Peacock TV serves as a one-stop shop for all NBC content. It also features a good amount of original shows.
The Peacock TV service, also, offers a free, ad-supported plan that has a limited selection of content. Premium packages are available for those who are interested in additional content with and without ads. Depending on the streaming package of your choice, Peacock TV costs differently. Below are the official prices.
Peacock TV Free: this gives you access to approximately half of Peacock’s entire library for free.
Peacock Premium with Ads: $4.99/month or $50/year. This is a paid subscription to Peacock TV that includes full access to the network’s content (about 20,000 hours of TV and movies) but may include commercials.
Peacock Premium without Ads: $9.99/month or $100/year this plan gives you a no commercial interruption access. You will get full access to Peacock TV content
How to Install Peacock TV on Firestick
if you want to know how to install Peacock TV on Firestick, then you are at the right spot. There are three ways you can download and install Peacock TV on a Firestick. The one you will choose out of the three totally depends on the version of your Firestick and the kind of remote you have.
Below are the three different methods of how to install Peacock TV on Firestick, and their step-by-step guide.
Method 1: Search in the Find Menu
Using this method, all you have to do is to use the “Find” menu to search for Peacock. To achieve this, just follow the steps outlined below.
- Launch your Amazon Fire TV and navigate to the home page using the Home button
- Navigate to “Find” at the top of the toolbar. Then navigate to the search option
- Use the search box to search for “Peacock.” You will now see Peacock TV in the recommended searches.
- Click Get and then select Peacock TV from the Apps & Games category.
Method 2: Use Voice Search to Find
if your Firestick supports the Voice Recognition option, then you can try it out. It is easier to find the Peacock TV app using this method. Follow the steps below to carry this method out.
- Press and hold the voice command button on your remote
- When you are prompted to speak, say “Peacock.”
- You will be brought to a search results page. Then, select Peacock TV in the Apps & Games section, and then click Get.
Method 3: Using USB Debugging to Sideload Peacock TV
This third, and last method is the most advanced method of installing apps to Firestick. To carry out this method effectively, please ensure to follow the steps outlined below in order to avoid any errors.
- Turn on your Firestick and then go to your top home bar and navigate over to Settings. Once you reach Settings, tap on it using the enter button.
- Navigate and tap on “My Fire TV”.
- Then go down to “Developer Options”.
- Then you will find “ADB debugging” and “Install unknown apps”.
- Make sure both are turned on and in the process of turning on apps from unknown sources you will get a warning that there is a risk. Allow if it asks.
- Once you are done, open the app store and download the “Downloaded” app. It will help you to sideload apps on your Firestick.
- After downloading it, open it and when asked, grant the permissions.
- Now go to the browser. On the search box, type “apkmirror.com” then tap on Go.
- When the website loads, search Peacock and wait for it to appear.
- You will now find various different variants of the app. Find the one that is for Android TV and then click on it.
- After that, download the app just like you download any other app from apkmirror.
- Once downloaded, install the newly downloaded APK file with the help of on-screen instructions. The installation will take hardly 1-2 mins.
- When the installation completes, open the app and log in to your account and enjoy watching Peacock TV on your Firestick.
This article explains how to install Peacock TV on Firestick. In it, I have provided the possible methods that will help you install the app. So, if you are one of those asking if you can download Peacock on Firestick, the information on this page has answered your question.