Do you own a Nothing Phone 1, and you feel the best option is for you to restore it to its factory settings because it is currently having an issue? Then you are on the right page. In this article, I will teach you how to perform a factory reset on Nothing Phone 1, and how to hard reset Nothing Phone 1, while explaining the difference between the two forms of resetting. All you need to do is to read this article from beginning to end to acquire all the information you need.
Nothing Phone 1 is the first smartphone coming from the manufacturer, and it is known as one of the best mid-range smartphones you can find on the market at the moment. As you already know, all phones have their own share of problems, so the Nothing Phone 1 is not left out too. Common problems users face with smartphones are lagging, freezing, and stuttering. You can check my YouTube channel and learn how to speed up your Android phone if it is lagging, but most times, factory resetting a phone can easily fix software issues.
Just as it is with other phones, factory resetting Nothing Phone 1fixes so many issues, and it makes the phone’s software fresh once again. Apart from fixing software-related issues, factory resetting a phone is important when you are handing over ownership of a phone to another person. Removing personal data from a phone before handing it over to someone else is very important. Now, that you have known an important reason to factory reset a phone, let me now show you how you can carry it out on your Nothing Phone 1.
How to Factory Reset Nothing Phone 1
Below are the steps you need to follow if you want to factory reset your Nothing Phone 1.
- Open the “Settings” app on your phone
- Scroll down and find “System”, and then tap on it
- Tap on “Reset options”
- Click “Erase all data (factory reset)”
- Tap on “Erase all data”. If you set a lock-screen password, you need to enter it. Otherwise, the factory resetting process will begin.
Factory resetting a phone removes everything on it, including data stored on internal storage. It will take a couple of minutes for the factory resetting process to complete. Once it is done, you will need to set up your Nothing Phone 1 just like you did when you turned on the phone for the first time after you bought it.
Also read: iPhone Volume Settings – How to Control Volumes on iPhone or iPad
Difference Between a Hard Reset and a Factory Reset
A factory reset should not be your first option if you are trying to fix issues on your smartphones. The issues, most times, can be fixed by hard resetting the phone, and this does not involve any data loss.
What is the difference between a hard reset and a factory reset? In simple terms, a hard reset is just like an advanced reboot. If rebooting your phone does not fix the problem, you should then hard reset it. The factory reset removes all data from your phone, while the hard reset does not remove any data. Therefore, a factory reset should be used when another solution has failed.
How to Hard Reset Nothing Phone 1
The following are steps on how to hard reset Nothing Phone 1.
- Press and hold the “power and volume up buttons” until the “power menu” appears
- Select “Power off”
- Press and hold the “volume up” and “power button” simultaneously for 5 seconds. Once you see the Nothing logo on the screen, release all the buttons. The phone will enter into “recovery mode”
- Now, press the “power button” and then the “volume up”
- Use the volume buttons to navigate the “Wipe data/factory reset” option. Press the “power button” to select it
- Again, use the volume buttons and go to the “Factory data reset” option. Tap the “power button” to select it
- Once the process is complete, navigate to the “Reboot system now” option and press the power button. Your phone will reboot
You must have learned the difference between a factory reset, and a hard reset, so you should choose the one that meets your need. Follow the steps and guide I explained on this page to carry out any of the two on your Nothing Phone 1.
No Comment! Be the first one.