Are you looking for how to activate Pluto TV on your devices such as iPhones, Android phones, Amazon Firestick, Play Station, smart TVs, and so on? This article will give you a guide on how you can go over it easily at your own convenience. So, let me show you how to activate Pluto TV as you read on.
Unlike most streaming services you can find on the internet, Pluto TV is completely free, and it offers thousands of TV shows and movies, organized into consistent and logical systems of channels. Although Pluto TV does not require registration in order to enjoy all of its streaming benefits, signing up gives you an opportunity to customize your viewing experience.
Also read: FuboTV vs YouTube TV, Which One is Better?
The only reason Pluto TV demands registration is to hide and unhide channels, favorite channels and set up your Android device as a remote. Registration gives you an assurance that your preferences are stored in your free account. Like I said from the start, in this article, you will see how to activate Pluto TV on different devices.
Apart from its availability in the United States of America, Pluto TV is also available in other countries. However, negotiations for streaming rights to specific content may limit the accessibility of some channels and content from one country to the next. International viewers can download the desktop app from the “international desktop app” section from their website.
How to Sign Up for Pluto TV
Signing up on the streaming platform is simple. You can easily do this by carrying out the following steps.
- Visit the Pluto TV website to login or use the app on your mobile device. Click on the “Sign Up” option
- Fill the information required and click on “Sign-Up Free”
- You are good to go. You can also download the app to watch great programs at no cost.
Is it Compulsory to Activate Pluto TV?
Pluto TV is a delight because it is free and offers lots of features. Some of those features include using your smartphone as a remote, and to add favorites. To take advantage of these extra features, you will need to activate your Pluto TV account on the devices you choose to watch the content on.
Technically, in 2021, you do not necessarily need to activate this service. Pluto TV has an actual registration process, but it currently provides no extra benefits or features. The company mentioned that an account is used to hide and unhide channels, favorite and unfavorite channels, and also use your Android device as a remote.
However, I noticed that those features have been turned off temporarily and are not available. I cannot actually say when those options will be usable, but for now, there is no need to register.
If you decide to register for an account anyway, you will get notifications for any updates as they occur. As for now, all “My Pluto” features are not visible, except that the heart icon is still present and you can easily tap it in Android, even though it does not have any particular function at the moment.
You can now watch Pluto TV on multiple devices without any limits.
How to Activate Pluto TV
Although it is not important at the moment, you may still want to activate the service and wait for when the features will become fully available. If you are looking for how to activate Pluto TV, just follow the steps below.
- Sign into Pluto TV by visiting their website
- Locate the 6-digit code needed to activate the service
- You can activate Pluto TV using the app on your phone or by visiting Pluto’s activation site, and follow the prompts.
How to Chromecast Pluto TV
There are two different ways you can cast Pluto TV to your Chromecast. Let me show you the two ways and how it is done.
Chromecast from the Web
Simply follow the steps outlined below to cast Pluto TV through Chrome.
- Launch Chrome on your computer
- Visit the Pluto TV website and log in if necessary
- Click on the “More” icon at the top right corner of the browser window
- Select the “Cast” option from the menu
- Select Chromecast. If it is already connected, an icon signifying its active status will show up
Chromecast from Mobile Devices
Follow the steps outlined below to cast Pluto TV through your mobile device. This guide works for both Android and iOS devices.
- Launch Pluto TV on your device.
- Go to the channel you wish to cast.
- Tap the “Cast” icon at the top-right corner.
- Select Chromecast from the list of available casting devices.
How to Enable Closed Captions on Pluto TV Using Various Devices
Below are methods of enabling closed captions on Pluto TV using various platforms.
The steps below are for both Android phones and tablets.
- Launch Settings.
- Select Accessibility.
- Tap “Captions”.
- Tap the slider switch to toggle captions on.
- Launch Pluto TV.
- Tap the screen.
- Tap the “CC” icon.
Finally, select the language you prefer.
Below is how you can turn on captions on Amazon devices.
- Enable Fire TV’s accessibility settings.
- Navigate to the “Captions” section and activate it.
- Go to Pluto TV and press the Menu (center) button on your TV’s remote.
- Select the language to display for captions.
Here is how you can turn on closed captions on your Roku TV device.
- Launch Pluto TV on your Roku device.
- Play something.
- Press the “*” (asterisk) button on the remote. This will launch the Options menu.
- Navigate to “Closed captioning.”
- Press “Right” and “Left” arrows to select from the list of available captions.
I guess you will agree that Pluto TV is here to stay. This is simply because the number of available channels and the amount of on-demand content is rapidly increasing as the day goes by. The streaming platform is gaining new users with incredible speed.
If you are searching for how to activate Pluto TV, I guess you might have gotten all the information you need if you have read this article up to this extent. Kindly share your thoughts in the comment section below.