Are you concerned about your fitness goals? Maybe you own a Garmin device and must have heard about the Strava app. In this article, I will be showing you how to connect Strava to Garmin on any device you own, be it an iOS, Android, or Web device. Also, if Strava is not syncing with Garmin after you try to connect, the method explained on this page will serve as a possible fix.
Technology has made it easier for us to track our fitness goals. All we need is an app that tracks our progress, and a wearable device that has been synced with the said app. The good news is that Strava and Garmin are there to help you out. While Strava helps you to track your fitness progress, a wearable Garmin device allows you to keep an eye on your progress as you complete your task.
If you are using Strava as a means of tracking your cycling or running progress, you may want to make things easier by syncing your routes straight to your Garmin device. Like I said from the start, this article contains information on how to connect Strava to Garmin devices. Follow the step-by-step guide explained below depending on the device you have, be it an Android, web, or iOS device.
How to Connect Strava to Garmin on iOS Devices
If you want to learn how to connect Strava to Garmin on an iPhone or iOS device, then you are in the right section.
If you are using any IOD device, I will like to introduce to you an app you can use to sync your Strava routes directly to your Garmin device – it is known as the Garmin connect app. It is free to download from the Apple app store. Once you have successfully installed the app on your iOS device, simply follow the steps outlined below to connect Strava to your Garmin.
In the first step, you will need to connect your Strava app to the Garmin connect app. Follow the steps below to achieve that. :
- Open the Strava app on your iOS device
- From the menu at the bottom of the screen, select “You”
- In the top right corner, tap the gear icon to access “Settings”
- Choose “Applications, Services, and Devices” from the available options
- Next, select “Connect a New Device to Strava”
- Tap “Garmin”, then Connect Garmin
- If needed, sign in to your Garmin account using your credentials
- Make sure all the information is correct and press “Save”
In the second step, you will need to connect your Strava account directly to your Garmin device through the Garmin Connect app. Follow the steps below. :
- From your device’s homepage, head to the Garmin Connect app
- From the app’s menu, tap “More”, located in the bottom-right of the screen
- Choose “Settings”
- Next, tap “Selected Apps”
- From the available options, select “Strava”
- Press “Agree”, then “Authorize”
- Your Strava routes should now be synced to your Garmin
How to Connect Strava to Garmin from Android Devices
Android is definitely the most popular operating system, little wonder the Garmin Connect app is also available on Android. You can simply download it from the Google Play Store and install it on your device. Once the installation is complete, follow the steps below to carry out the connection.
Before you use the Garmin Connect app to sync your Strava route to your device, you will first of all need to ensure that the Strava app is connected. Here is what you need to do first.
- From your homepage, open the Strava app
- Tap on “You”, located in the bottom menu
- Access your “Settings” by hitting the gear icon in the upper right corner of the screen
- From the options that appear, choose “Link Other Services”
- Next, choose the option to “Connect Another Device to Strava”
- Select “Garmin”
- You will then need to tap “Garmin Connect”
- Sign in to your Garmin account if prompted
- Make sure that all the information is correct and select “Save”.
Once you have completed the first step, the next thing you need to do is to connect your Strava to your Garmin Android device through Garmin Connect. Simply follow the outlined steps below to achieve that.
- Open the Garmin Connect app on your Android device
- In the top left corner, select the blue rectangle icon with two black horizontal lines going through it
- Next, hit “Settings”.
- In the options that appear, tap “Connected Apps”
- Choose “Strava”
- In the pop-up that appears on your screen, hit “Agree”
- To finalize the connection, select “Authorize”
- You will now be able to view your Strava routes on your Garmin device
How to Connect Strava to Garmin from the Web
Another way to connect Strava to your Garmin device is to do so directly from your desktop. The first thing you will need to do is to have a Strava account that you will log in to. If you do not have one already, then you need to sign up first. Once you have done that, follow the steps below to successfully connect your Strava account to your Garmin device.
- From your web browser, go to the Strava website
- In the right-hand corner, select “Settings”. It is located right beneath your user icon.
- On the right-hand side, select “Social Connections”.
- Choose “Connect with Garmin”
- When prompted, click “Agree”
- At this point, you may be asked to sign in to your Garmin Connect account
- Look over the information that will be shared
- When satisfied, click “Save” to complete the process.
Strava not Syncing to Garmin Connect – What You Should Do
If Strava is not syncing with Garmin Connect, this is what you should do.
During peak upload times, it is common for Garmin to experience occasional delays. You can check the syncing status by going to the status page on your Garmin app. Once you are there, navigate to Strava status.
You can refresh the connection between your Garmin and Strava. To achieve this, go to “Settings” in the app or website, and then click or tap on “Disconnect”. To reconnect, simply follow the screen instructions. Once this is complete, try to sync your device again.
If you are looking for the best way to keep track of your fitness goals while cycling or running, connecting your Strava app to your Garmin device is a perfect idea. The good part is that the process is easy and straightforward. All you need is to download, and install the Garming Connect app on your Android or iOS device, while the desktop method is also very easy. Reading this article to this extent, you must have learned how to connect Strava to Garmin with ease.