It is obvious that no one likes to come across error code messages on their screen while on a streaming platform. But whether we like it or not, it does happen from time to time – even on the popular Netflix. In this post, I will be talking about the Netflix error code UI3012 and you can fix the issue easily in case you are seeing it on your screen while watching your favorite movie or TV shows on Netflix.
There are multiple error codes you can come across on Netflix, and each signifies that something is actually wrong. In this article, I will be showing you why the Netflix error code UI3012 occurs, and also show you some fixes that can address this problem.
Also read: Disney Plus Error Code 43: How to Fix it Easily
Netflix Error Code UI3012: What Does it Mean?
To be frank enough, no one really knows what the Netflix error code UI3012 actually means. This error will pop up the following message on your screen:
Whoops, something went wrong…
There was an unexpected error. Please reload the page and try again.
As you can see, the message does not really explain why there is an error, but it is actually up to you to fix it. In some cases, all you need to do is just to reload the page, and everything will work out fine from there. In other cases, the error will persist despite your reloading the page.
There are a few things you can do to fix the Netflix error code UI3012 and continue to watch your movie or TV show on Netflix. Most times, the problem is related to the network, so the following are some possible solutions.
How to Fix Netflix Error code UI3012
Restart Your Device
Whatever the device you are streaming Netflix from, be it mobile device, smart TV, Roku, gaming console, etc, you should try to restart it. Temporary bugs can actually be fixed in this simple way. You can restart your device by carrying out the following:
- Turn off the device or unplug it from a power source.
- Leave it off for a minute.
- Turn it on again or plug it back into the power source.
Log Out of Netflix
In some cases, logging out of your Netflix account can solve the issue. After logging out, see if you can play the desired video. The best way is to sign out of all devices using a web browser on your computer or smartphone app. Follow the steps below to log out of Netflix:
- Open Netflix in a web browser or the app and navigate to the upper right corner where your name is.
- Click and select Your Account from the drop-down menu.
- Scroll to find the Sign out of all devices option and click.
- Click the blue Sign Out button to confirm.
- Once you’ve done this, log in on the device you want to stream from.
Check if Your Wi-Fi is Working
You can also check if your Wi-Fi is working effectively. Simply check if other devices connected to the Wi-Fi can actually gain access to the internet and if the streaming device is the only one having the issue. If there is a temporary interruption, the device should connect back to the network on its own, but if it does not, make sure to connect back manually.
A weak Wi-Fi signal can also cause some issues. The streaming device should not be too far from the router. Also, pay some attention to your internet speed. Ensure that it meets the Netflix streaming requirements. If the speed is too low, your videos may have issues loading, and you can experience the Netflix error code UI3012.
Restart Your Router
Another simple reboot can also fix this issue, which is by restarting your router. Once the connection is established once again, the error may disappear from your screen. Before you restart your router (and your mode, if you have two devices), ensure you have turned off the streaming device. Preferably, you can restart the router by unplugging it from a power source instead of pressing the power button on the device.
Connect the Device Directly
Your internet connection can be more stable if you connect your streaming device and your modem directly. You can actually use an Ethernet cable to do this. Just do the following:
- Turn on the streaming device.
- Take the Ethernet cable and plug it into your computer and your modem.
- Unplug the modem, wait for half a minute, and then plug it back into a power source.
- Turn on the streaming device and try playing a Netflix video.
Reset the Settings of Your Router
Resetting your router is different from restarting it. Doing this will reset your network configuration. After the reset, you will need to log in again. So, make sure you remember your username and password before resetting it. The steps might differ depending on your operating systems, but more or less, you should carry out the following steps:
- Click on Start in the lower-left corner.
- Scroll to find Settings and click to open.
- Type in Network reset in the search bar.
- From the new window, select Reset now.
- Your computer will restart. You can now log back into your network and your Netflix account and check if the error code is still displaying.
VPNs and proxies can also interrupt the connection between your streaming device and Netflix. If none of the fixes I mentioned above worked, then I guess you should disable your VPN and try to connect to Netflix with your home network.
Also read: Tips For Choosing The Best VPN For Your Online Needs and Privacy
Remove Extensions from Your Browser
There may be extensions that are blocking your connection to Netflix, especially if they are related to the Netflix streaming service. If you are streaming from your computer, open your web browsers, such as Mozilla or Chrome, and see if any extension is interfering with Netflix. To do this:
- Open a browser on your computer and select the More icon in the upper right corner. It’s in the form of three dots.
- From the drop-down list, choose Add-ons and see which ones you can disable.
- Check if the error code message has disappeared.
The Netflix error code UI3012 is definitely what you do not want to see on your display, but it can be fixed in no time. The solution is definitely among the fixes I have listed right on this page. If you tried any of these fixes and it worked for you, kindly share your experience in the comment section of this page.
No Comment! Be the first one.