You cannot only play a variety of games on Steam, but the gaming platform also gives you an opportunity to chat with other gamers, post or forums, broadcast your matches, release and test your games, and much more. In this post, I will be showing you how to redeem code on Steam, and all you need to know about codes/keys, gift cards, and Steam wallet code.
If you want to share your gaming experience with the global community, it is easy to register and get started. All you need to do is to create an account, get the game clients, and keys to activate the games. Would you like to know how to redeem code on Steam? Then this article contains all you need.
How to Redeem Code on Steam
As I have stated earlier, you need to use a code (or a key) to activate a game. You do not necessarily need to enter the key every time; it is only entered once on the first occasion. After that, you can now download the game and start to play it.
However, there are some scams that are related to Steam key redemption. This is the reason why you need to be very careful. You do not want to end up paying or a Steam key that will not work at the end. The only secure way to redeem the correct Steam key is through the official Steam website.
You can redeem Steam code by visiting the Steam Redemption page.
Another method of redeeming Steam code or key is by carrying out the following steps:
- When you log into your account, go to your downloaded games.
- Under the game title, click on Reveal your Steam key.
- You will be redirected to a new page where you will see the code.
- Select the code and copy it. Make sure you copy the whole key.
- Install and set up the Steam client software and open it on your computer.
- Log in using your Steam username and password.
- Go to the left corner of the screen and click on + Add a Game.
- Click on Activate a Product on Steam from the pop-up menu.
- Follow the instructions from the newly opened window and paste the key to the empty field on the screen.
- Click on Next to finish up.
A valid key will be accepted, then you will be redirected to your library. From that point, you can now download the desired game, install it, and play it. You can see all games you have registered in your library. If you do not see the new game in your library, refresh the page and use the search bar to look for it.
Also, you should know that a key you will like to redeem may not be available. You will see a message saying that the keys have been exhausted. So, you need to be patient and return to the page later to check if new keys are available.
How to Redeem Steam Gift Cards and Wallet Codes
Apart from keys, you can also redeem gift cards and wallet codes on Steam. You can use these to play more games or to send to a family member or a friend who is also registered on Steam. These people can be in any location in the world, and you do not need to worry about the currency. When you redeem a code or card, it will be converted to the current currency in your Steam wallet.
Here is how to redeem Steam wallet code or gift card:
- Sign in to your Steam account and navigate to the bar at the top.
- Click on Games.
- Select Redeem a Steam Wallet Code from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your code in the field that appears on the next screen.
- Select Continue and follow the further on-screen steps to finish the process.
You can also send a gift card to a family member or a friend on Steam. Here is how you can surprise someone by gifting them a new game:
- Visit the official Steam website and log into your account.
- Select Digital Gift Cards.
- As the next step, select an amount you want to give to your friend or family member. Amounts of $5, $10, $25, $50, and $100 are available.
- After you choose an amount, select a friend, and complete the purchase.
You should note that both you and the receiver of the gift card need to be a registered member on Steam. In addition, you also need to be connected on this network for at least three days before you can send them a gift card.
Also, the person you are sending it to need to accept the gift before it can appear in their Steam Wallet. If both of you are not residing in the same country and do not use the same currency, they will receive the converted money. If the person you are sending a gift declines it, the gifted amount will go back to your wallet.
Immediately you create an account on Steam, you can start filling up your Steam library with all the games you want to play. To activate it, you need to redeem a key just as I have explained in this post which basically covers all aspects of how to redeem code on Steam.