In this article, I will be showing you how to play Among Us with friends on various platforms such as local multiplayer, online, PC, voice chat, steam, Android, iPhone, and Discord. Read to the end to get the full information, and also drop your opinions in the comment section below.
In case you do not know what Among Us is, let me explain with this brief introduction,
Among Us, is a hidden traitor type of game that has been available for a while now, but it has recently grown popular due to YouTube and Twitch streamers. Among Us is an interesting game to play if you find a nice group to join, or if you can convince your friends to get themselves a copy.
Now you have an idea of what I am talking about, let me now show you how to play Among Us with friends, no matter the platform you choose to play from.
How to Play Among US in Local Multiplayer
You can also play Among Us locally with people that share the same Wi-Fi network with you, To do so, simply follow the steps outlined below.
- On the home screen, click or tap on “Local”
- If you wish to host the game, click or tap on “Create Game”. Your game name should appear on the Available Games box for people in your local network.
- If you wish to play an already created game, find the name of your desired host in the Available Games box and click or tap on it.
- If there is still room for players, you will be able to start playing immediately.
Also read: Best Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game (MMORPG)
How to Play Among Us Online
If you do not want to play locally with friends on your network, you can connect to Among Us games online. Just follow the steps listed below.
- From the starting screen, click or tap on “Online”
- Clicking on the small globe icon on the lower right side of the screen allows you to choose which server to use. The choices are North America, Asia, and Europe
- If you wish to host an online game, click on “Create Game” under “Host”
- Once you start game creation, you will be given the options to determine the map used, the number of impostors, and the number of players, and chat language.
- Once done, click on “Confirm”
- Click on “Private”, just beside the room code, to open your game to the public
- If you wish to enter a random public game, click on “Find Game” under “Public”
- You can set your desired requirements for what type of game you wish to play. You have map types, impostor numbers, and chat language.
- Select a game from the list shown. Clicking on the refresh icon to the right repopulates the list.
- If you wish to connect to a game that you know the code of, click on “Enter Code” under “Private”. Type in the code, and then click on OK.
- If there is still space in the game for another player, the game should start shortly
There are many virtual games you can play online with you friends.
How to Play Among Us With Friends on Public
Among Us also gives you the opportunity to play games with friends, even they are not on the same Wi-Fi network as you. All you need is a room code to start playing online with friends, To achieve this, just follow the steps below.
- Once you are inside the game, click on “Online”
- If you wish to be the host, click on “Create Game” under Host. The instructions are the same as those given above. Remember the room code and share this with your friend
- If you are not the host, ask for the room code. Click on “Enter Code” beneath Private then type in the code.
- Once all the players are in the room, the host should click on “Start Game”
How to Play with Friends and Randoms in Among Us
Among Us also allows you and your friends to let random people play with you on your games. Follow the steps as given above on Play with Friends. This time, once all your friends have logged in, click or tap on the Private button next to the room code. This will open the room up to random players. Once the room is full, click or tap on Start Game.
How to Play Among US with Friends on PC
Among Us is available on two sales platform on PC. Steam, and itch.io. if you have the non-Steam version of the game, you can as well launch it from the desktop, or from your shortcut menu with little stress. You can now play Among US with friends by following the instructions given above.
How to Play Among US with Friends on Steam
The Steam and itch.io version of Among Us has virtually no difference. The instructions on how to play them are the same. You can follow the instructions I already gave before to start playing with friends
Also read: How to Redeem Code on Steam (Keys, Gift Cards, and Wallet Codes)
How to Play Among Us with Friends on Android
The only difference between the PC version and the Mobile version of Among US is that the mobile version is free. You can download the app from Plat Store using your mobile device and then open the game. The steps you should follow to play Among US with friends are the same for all platforms, and I have already outlined them above.
How to Play Among US with Friends on iPhone
Among Us game is also available on Apple App Store. All you need to do is to download the game for free and follow the instructions I gave above to play with friends.
How to Play Among US with Friends on Voice Chat
Among Us does not have a built-in voice chat feature. You will need to set up a third-party app if you wish to add voice chat to the game.
How to Play Among US with Friends on Discord
if you already have Discord, Among US allows the Discord Overlay to function normally when playing the game. You can just use it as you please on any other game. It does not have an auto-mute function though, so it is wise to mute yourself if you get killed in the game.
Among Us still remain a popular party game among friends. As the mobile version is free, I see no reason why you should not try out this fast-paced, and exciting game. If you have other tips or methods on how to play Among Us with friends, kindly share with us in the comment section below.
No Comment! Be the first one.