Are you experiencing the God of War high CPU usage issue whenever you are playing the popular game on your Windows 10 or 11 PC? This is a common problem most PC gamers like you are facing. In this article, I will be showing you how to fix the high CPU usage issue that is associated with the God of War game on Windows 10 and 11 PCs.
God of War
The God of War video game is produced by Santa Monica Studio and PlayStation PC LLC, and it is now available for Windows users. The game has received overwhelmingly positive reviews on Steam for the PC version within a couple of months since its introduction. Unfortunately, it seems some players are facing the God of War high CPU usage issue on Windows 10 and 11 PC, which is a thing of worry.
Well, it is a norm for PC gamers to encounter multiple bugs or issues while launching or playing games whatsoever. Having a high CPU or GPU usage or even higher usage of system resources can occur due to several possible reasons. The blame should not be placed on the game or its developers because sometimes, issues with PC hardware or even software compatibility can trigger some such problems. So, how can you fix the God of War high CPU usage issue on Windows 10 or 11 PC? Read the information below to find out how you can.
Also read: How to Redeem Code on Steam (Keys, Gift Cards, and Wallet Codes)
How to Fix God of War High CPU Usage Issue on windows 10 or 11
Before we dive into the fixes, let me show you some of the possible reasons that may lead to the God of War high CPU usage issue. They are; unnecessary background tasks, outdated game versions, outdated hardware, outdated software, outdated graphics drivers, overclocked CPU/GPU, corrupted or missing game files, etc. Eventually, all these can conflict with gameplay. As I have shown you some of the reasons why the God of War high CPU usage issue occurs, let us now jump into the troubleshooting guide below and try to fix it.
Also read: How to Fix EA FIFA Mobile 22 Server Connection Issue in Minutes
Check System Requirements
You should, first of all, check the game system requirements and see if your PC meets its demand. The chances are high that having a lower spec or outdated CPU or any hardware on your computer can make the game not run properly. Below are the minimum requirements to run the God of War game on PC.
- Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
- OS: Windows 10 64-bit
- Processor: Intel i5-2500k (4 core 3.3 GHz) or AMD Ryzen 3 1200 (4 core 3.1 GHz)
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 960 (4 GB) or AMD R9 290X (4 GB)
- DirectX: Version 11
- Storage: 70 GB available space
- Additional Notes: DirectX feature level 11_1 required
Use Dedicated GPU
Sometimes, running the God of War game on an integrated GPU that comes by default with your CPU might cause high CPU usage or crashing issues. You should always run the game on a dedicated graphics card. Follow the steps below to achieve this.
- Launch the Nvidia Control Panel > Go to “Manage 3D Settings”
- Click on “Program Settings” > Choose and select the “God of War” game.
- Now, make sure to select the dedicated GPU (High Performance) and save changes.
- Finally, restart your computer to change effects immediately.
The AMD graphics card users carry out the following steps:
- Go to the “Device Manager” on the PC > Click on the “Display Adapter” arrow icon to expand the list.
- You will need to disable the inbuilt GPU from there by right-clicking and selecting “Disable Device”
- Reboot your system and try launching the God of War game again.
Update the Graphics Drivers
You should ensure the GPU driver on your PC is up to date, because an outdated graphics driver may cause issues with the game running smoothly. To update your drivers, follow the steps below.
- Right-click on the “Start Menu” to open up the Quick Access Menu.
- Click on “Device Manager” from the list.
- Now, double-click on the “Display adapters” category to expand the list.
- Then right-click on the dedicated graphics card name.
- Select “Update driver” > Choose “Search automatically for drivers”
- If there is an update available, it will automatically download and install the latest version.
- Once done, make sure to reboot your computer to change effects.
In other ways, you can download the latest version of the graphics driver from the official website respective to your graphics card manufacturer and install it directly on your PC.
Running the latest Windows OS build on your PC is always essential. This helps to reduce system glitches, compatibility issues, and crashes. Also, the latest versions mostly include additional features, security patches, improvements, and more. To update your Windows, follow the steps below.
- Press “Windows + I” keys to open up the “Windows Settings” menu.
- Next, click on “Update & Security” > Select “Check for updates” under the Windows Update section.
- If there is a feature update available, select “Download and install”
- It may take a while to complete the update.
- Once done, restart your computer to install the update
Update God of War
In case you have not updated the God of War game on your PC for a while, it is best you do so now. You can check for updates and install the latest patch available. To carry this out, just follow the steps below.
- Open the “Steam” client > Go to “Library” > Click on “God of War” from the left pane.
- It will automatically search for the available update. If there is an update available, make sure to click on “Update”
- It may take some time to install the update > Once done, make sure to close the Steam client
- Finally, reboot your PC to apply changes, and then try launching the game again
For Epic Games Launcher
- Open the Epic Games Launcher > Head over “Library”
- Now, click on the three dots icon of “God of War”
- Make sure the “Auto Update” option is “turned on”
Stop Background Tasks
Unnecessary tasks or programs running in the background can eat up a lot of system resources like CPU or Memory Usage, and this will reduce system performance. As a result of this, startup crashing, not loading issues, lagging, or higher system resources issues might appear more often. You can close all the unnecessary background running tasks by following the steps below.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc”” keys to open up the “Task Manager”
- Now, click on the “Processes” tab > Click to select tasks that are unnecessarily running in the background and consuming enough system resources
- Click on “End Task” to close it one by one
- Once done, restart your system
Also read: Rover Mechanic Simulator Console Commands and Cheats
Disable CPU/GPU Overclocking
It is worth mentioning that you should not enable CPU/GPU overclocking on your PC if your game is crashing or stuttering a lot. Though overclocking CPU/GPU can cause a huge impact in improving gameplay, sometimes it may also cause issues with the compatibility too. You should just set the frequency to default for optimal performance.
Repair Game Files
If there is an issue with your game files, and somehow it gets corrupted or missing, you should follow the steps below to fix the issue.
- Launch “Steam” > Click on “Library”
- Right-click on “God of War” from the list of installed games.
- Now, click on “Properties” > Go to “Local Files”
- Click on “Verify Integrity of Game Files”
- You will have to wait for the process until it gets completed.
- Once done, just restart your computer
For Epic Game Launcher
- Open the “Epic Games Launcher” > Click on “Library”
- Click on the three-dots icon of “God of War”
- Click on “Verify” and it will start verifying the game files.
- Wait for the process to complete and restart the launcher
Upgrade Your CPU
If your PC hardware has some compatibility issues or it has become outdated in respect to this game requirement, then you should opt for an upgrade. Since it is a CPU-related issue, I suggest you upgrade your CPU to the latest powerful model.
I hope this guide on how to fix the God of War high CPU usage issue on Windows 10/11 has solved your problem. If it those, kindly tell us in the comment section below. Also, feel free to share this article with your friends on various social media by using the social share icons below.
No Comment! Be the first one.