Maybe you prefer closed captions as a result of hearing impairment, or you simply prefer watching Television with the volume turned down low, I guess you agree that some devices are quite frustrating to turn this function on (high and low volume). In this post we shall be looking at closed captions on Insignia TV; how to turn it off and on.
Whatsoever type of TV you own closed captioning should be available in the device in some way. But activating this feature is not as simple as merely pressing a button. The steps you need to take solely depend on the brand and model of your television.
Must read: Smart TV Buying Guide You Should Know
If you have an Insignia TV, the process is somewhat straightforward and simple. Although Insignia devices often have complicated installation processes; and they are not very intuitive to use. You should not worry too much about closed captioning in Insignia TV, let me show you how it is done.
Closed Captions on Insignia TV – How to Turn it On/Off
To turn on and off closed captions on Insignia TV, just follow these steps:
- Turn on your Insignia television.
- On the Insignia remote, press the Menu button.
- Using the left and right arrow buttons, find the Settings option. Press the Enter button or the down arrow button to select it.
- Use the up and down arrows to navigate the Settings.
- Find the Closed Caption menu and select it with the Enter button.
- Scroll through the menu with the right arrow button until you see “CC on”, meaning that you have turned on closed captioning.
- Press the Exit button to leave Settings.
- This method should work on all Insignia devices, and you can switch the captions off by repeating the same steps.
For some models, it’s enough to press the CCD button on your Insignia remote or on a high-quality universal remote. However, this may prove to be frustrating because the captions can sometimes be difficult to turn off permanently. If you have problems with making closed captioning go away, go through the Settings again.
Another potential one-button solution is to press the Mute button on your remote. For some Insignia TV models, this automatically turns on the closed captions; while un-muting your TV removes them. Obviously, this is not an option for people who enjoy using closed captions alongside the audio.
Also read: How to Use PS4 Controller on Android, Plus Solution to Common Issue
What If You Do Not Have an Insignia TV Remote Control?
Turning on closed captions on Insignia TV is as easy as pressing the CCD button on the Insignia TV remote control. But what will you fo if your remote control gets bad or stop working?
The obvious option is to buy a universal remote as a replacement. However, depending on the type of remote you bought, tuning on closed captioning may become difficult if the CCD button on your new remote is not responsive. Though going through the settings will usually fix this, in some cases, users can find it impossible to get to the settings of their universal remote control.
So, before you buy a universal remote, try this app first.
Insignia TV Remote App
Using the Insignia TV Remote app, you can control various Insignia devices at the press of a button. All you need to do is download the app to your Android devices and install it. The layout of this virtual remote is easy to understand, and you may be able to access the closed captioning options more easily.
However, the app has some downsides, namely:
- You have to enter your email when you start using it.
- The app will frequently interrupt your user experience with ads and rating requests.
- It is compatible with a wide range of Android devices but not all of them.
You can also find some Insignia apps for iOS, but these are not very reliable. If you want to control your TV from an iPhone, our recommendation is to look into high-quality universal remote apps.
Are you using closed captions or subtitles on your Insignia TV? Have you had good experiences with using the device’s Settings? Please let us know about your experiences with this Best Buy brand by making your contribution in the comment section of this page.
No Comment! Be the first one.