If you are into video editing using a smartphone, then you must have heard or come across the app called KineMaster. In this post, I will be showing you how to use KineMaster step by step on your smartphone – be it an Android or iOS device. The guide you will find on this post will actually come in handy if you intend to use this video editing app in the long-run.
KineMaster is a very popular video editing app for Android and iOS devices. Most users prefer it due to its straightforward interface and powerful features that can make videos look professional by editing them in a few easy steps.
If you just download KineMaster and want to start using it for the first time, it may seem a little difficult. If you need help on how to use KineMaster step by step, then the guides listed below are just for you. Read on to find the fundamentals of this video editing app.
How to Use KineMaster Step by Step to Edit Videos
Either you are a beginner or a professional video editor, you will enjoy creating videos with KineMaster. The app has a free version, which is quite okay for beginners who are yet to learn how to make most of the app’s features. You can upgrade to a paid version if you do not like watermark appearing on your videos.
The first step you should take is to download the app from Google Play Store or Apple Store and install it on your respective device. When the installation is complete, you can now open the app and start editing.
You can start by tapping the “Create new project” button or selecting a video from your gallery that you want to edit.
Creating a New Project on KineMaster
- Tap the app icon to open it.
- Tap the “New project” icon and choose an aspect ratio for your video: 16:9, 9:16, or 1:1. That depends on the purpose of your videos. For instance, 9:16 is suitable for Instagram stories and 16:9 for YouTube. For smaller file sizes, you can use 1:1.
- Next, you will see the space where your video will be and the basic controls and options to help you do your magic with the video. You can add media, multiple layers, audio, or voice to the video.
- By clicking on media, you import files that you want to work on.
You have the opportunity of choosing different types of media for your project. It does not necessarily have to be a video. You can also create a very nice video by importing multiple pictures, choosing suitable transitions, and adding music or other sounds.
When you import media to the project you can edit it. Click on the imported video or one of the images, and they will get a yellow frame. On the right hand, you will find the available editing tools, such as the scissors icon indicating a tool for trimming. You can also crop the video, speed it up, rotate it, and so on.
How to Trim Video on KineMaster
To trim a video on KineMaster, simply follow the steps below.
- Select the video and it will turn yellow.
- Tap the scissors icon in the menu on the right.
- You will now see different trimming options instead of the main tool menu.
- Choose if you want to trim to the left of playhead, split at playhead, or something else.
- When you are done, tap on the checkmark above the menu.
How to Add Transitions on KineMaster
If you want to smooth over the transition to a whole other shot or scene using KineMaster, then follow the steps below.
- Choose the media you want to add transitions between.
- Select the gray square between each of the added files.
- Transition options and effects will appear on the right. Tap on each one you like to see if it fits in your video. To see the preview, you must put the slider where the transition is.
- When you pick the right one, tap on the checkmark above to save your choice.
How to Add Text on KineMaster
If you want to add text on your videos using KineMaster, below ate steps on how you can achieve that.
- Tap on the Layer icon in the main menu after you import the desired video.
- From the new menu, choose Text.
- Enter the desired text.
- Tap OK.
- Your text will be displayed across the video. You can make it bigger or smaller.
- On the right, you can choose a suitable font, color, shadow, background, or animation effects – they determine how your text will appear in the video. There are plenty of attractive effects, such as your text dropping, rotating clockwise, slide, etc.
How to Add Music or Voice on KineMaster
To add music or voice in your videos on KineMaster, just do the following.
- Make sure you have the desired song on your mobile phone.
- Select the music icon from the main tool menu.
- Select the song you want in your video and confirm your choice by tapping the red plus sign.
- The song will start playing as your video begins, and you will see its name below.
If you want to do a voiceover on your video, this is how you can achieve that.
- Go back to the main tool menu and tap the microphone icon.
- Tap Start to begin recording your voice. The microphone will be on even before you start recording. You will see a green light flashing.
- As you record your voice, you will see the part of the video it covers. That part will become highlighted in red.
- When you are done recording, tap stop, and the red part of the video will now be underlined in purple.
- Adjust the audio in the menu on the right by, for instance, increasing the audio volume or using a voice filter. You can also re-record if you’re not satisfied.
KineMaster is a simple app that allows users to create, edit, and share spectacular videos of all kinds. Reading through this post on how to use KineMaster step by step can easily assist you to achieve that. You can start today by experimenting what you have learnt here in a clip or two. If you are already using this app, you can share your thoughts in the comment section below.