Are you a victim of Windows 11 slow internet? Well, you are not alone. In this article, I will be showing you how to speed up internet connection on Windows 11 by following the easiest of methods. Once you follow the steps or methods I explained on this page, you will get your device connecting and downloading from the internet with fast speed.
These days, many Windows 11 users are complaining about slow internet connection issues. The sad part is that the problem actually started shortly after installing the latest updates. If you are one of them, and your internet connection became really slow compared to how it was before the update, just follow the steps below to resolve the issue.
How to Speed Up Internet Connection on Windows 11 – 6 Basic Steps
Run the Internet Troubleshooter
- Go to system and select “Troubleshooter”
- Click on “Other troubleshooters”
- Launch the “Internet Connections Troubleshooter”
After these, check if you notice any improvement in your internet connection speed. If not, try the next method.
Update or Reinstall Your Network Driver
- Launch the “Device Manager”
- Then expand the list of “Network Adapters”
- Right-click on your “Wireless drivers” and select “Update driver”
- Check your Internet connection.
- If the issue persists, right-click again on your wireless driver and select “Uninstall driver”
- Restart your computer and check the results.
Reset Your Network Settings
Try and reset your network settings and check if you will notice any improvements. To achieve this, follow the steps outlined below.
- Go to “Settings”
- Select “Network & Internet”
- Scroll down to “Advanced network settings”
- Then select “Network reset”
- Click the “Reset now” button.
- Click “Yes” to confirm your choice.
- After you do that, launch Command Prompt with admin rights.
- Enter the following commands one by one, and press Enter after each command:
- netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disable
- netsh int ip reset
- netsh advfirewall reset
- netsh winsock reset
- ipconfig / flushdns
- ipconfig / release
- ipconfig / renew
- Restart your computer and check your Internet speed.
If the Windows 11 slow internet issue persists, unplug your router, and then leave it unplugged for two minutes to drain flea power. Plug your router once again into the wall outlet, and then wait till your computer comes back online. This might serve as a quick fix.
Also read: How to Fix Taskbar Not Moving in Windows 11
Disable Your VPN or Use a Different VPN
If your VPN is not perfectly optimized for Windows 11, you may sometimes notice sluggishness in your internet connection. All you need to do is to disable your VPN and check if there is any improvement in your internet speed.
VPN can hinder your internet connection speed. You should remember that VPN programs encrypt your connection. This should not be a problem for modern computers. However, low-spec computers and old routers may not be able to handle the data encryption process very fast. All you need to do is to switch to a different VPN service and check if there is any improvement in your internet connection speed.
Tweak Your Bandwidth Settings
- Navigate to “Settings”
- Select “Windows Update”
- Go to “Advanced options”
- Then scroll down to “Delivery Optimization”
- Disable the option that says “Allow downloads from other PCs”
- Scroll down to “Advanced options”
- Tweak your bandwidth download and upload settings.
Contact Your Internet Service Provider
If after carrying out all these steps and the problem persist, you need to contact your ISP. Just to let you know, you can only download data as fast as your ISP allows you. Sometimes, ISPs do throttle the bandwidth of their subscribers. This will result in a slow internet connection.
There are many articles on how to speed up internet connection on Windows 11 on the webspace, but the ones recommended on this page are the easiest. If you manage to rectify your Windows 11 internet issues after following any of these steps, kindly let us know in the comment section. Also, share this article if you find it informative enough.