Playing your favorite game, Roblox, on Chromebook is quite achievable, but many users are only familiar with the Play Store method. In this article, I will be showing you how to play Roblox on Chromebook without Google Play in 2021. You will have to follow the step-by-step guide I outlined in this post to know all you need.
You can also check my previous post where I talked about how to send messages on Roblox to your friends, and also users who are not on your friend’s list. The information on that page can come in handy too. Now, let us move to the business of today.
When you switch from using a Windows PC to Chromebook, you might encounter some difficulties with your favorite applications and games like Roblox. However, ways have been introduced to make things easier for you. If you are among those searching for how to play Roblox on Chromebook without Google Play, then the information contained on this page is definitely for you.
There are many methods to do this – first with Google Play, and the others without Google Play. Though this article was intended to show you how to play Roblox on Chromebook without Google Play, I think it is proper to still explain how you can do that using Google Play.
If you face the problem of lagging while playing the Roblox games, you can end your lagging problem by downloading the Roblox FPS unlocker. Roblox gives a frame limit of 60 FPS; this is why you face lagging. After understanding this problem, our game developers have invented an FPS unlocker.
How to Play Roblox on Chromebook in 2021
The easiest way to install Roblox on Chromebook is to download it from Google Play Store. Contrary to the information you might have gotten before about the impossibility of this method, I will like to tell you that it is now possible. Follow the steps to get Roblox installed on your Chromebook by downloading it from Play Store.
- Make sure your device is compatible with Google Play Store. Some older models of Chromebook might not support it. If your device supports Android apps, then you are good to go.
- You will need to enable the Play Store first. Go to the Quick Settings Panel at the bottom right (where the clock is), then click the Settings icon. Scroll down to Google Play Store and turn it on.
- Read and accept the terms of service and that’s it – the Play Store is active.
Now, you can download and install Roblox from the Google Play Store. Once everything is set, you can start enjoying your game.
NOTE: This is the only method that involves Google Play Store. The following are methods for users who don’t have that option available, and for those who are looking for how to play Roblox on Chromebook without Google Play in 2020.
How to Play Roblox on Chromebook without Google Play 2021
You can download robloxplayer.exe to play the Roblox game. It is compulsory to download the RobloxPlayer.exe file to play or create any Roblox game and avatar.
The following methods are how to download Roblox on Chromebook without Google Play.
Method 1 – Playing Remotely
Playing Roblox remotely from your Chromebook is another method you can use to enjoy the game on your device if it is not compatible to play Android apps. Your Chromebook can connect remotely to other computers. If you have a friend or family member who is making use of a Mac or PC with Roblox installed in it, then you can have a remote connection with their device and play the game on yours. The Roblox game itself needs to be only on the other PC, but you will have to install the Chrome web browser and Chrome Remote Desktop on both devices.
Once you have met the above requirements, launch the Chrome Desktop app both on your Chromebook and the other computer, then you follow the instructions to connect. If you do not want to do this always, you can choose the Remote Assistance option. Otherwise, you can choose “My Computers” to set up a permanent connection. With this, Chrome Remote Desktop Host will have to be installed on the computer your device is paring with.
When you are through with all these processes, you will then be able to run Roblox remotely on your Chromebook.
Method 2 – Direct APK Installation
You can install the Roblox Android app directly from the file in two ways: sideloading or through Google’s ARC Welder app.
Sideloading simply means installing apps from files without using the Google Play Store. It is done on Android systems, therefore, this method can only work if your device can run Android applications. If your Chromebook does not have access to Google Play Store, there is a good chance it is also not compatible with Android.
To sideload the Roblox app on your Chromebook, follow the steps I outlined below.
- Turn on the Developer Mode on your device. This will disable OS verification, and wipe the storage of your Chromebook. Do not worry – everything on Chrome OS is already synced online. After this step, your device will display a warning screen every time it is booted. It might look scary, but the warning is easily dismissed by hitting “Ctrl+D”.
- Go to “Settings”, navigate to “Android Apps” and click “App Settings”. A new window will open. Next, go to “Security” and, under “Device Administration” enable “Unknown Sources”. This will enable you to install apps from files on the device. You will see a warning message about being careful with this kind of installation. If you want to use this method for other apps, always make sure the source you are downloading from is reliable and verified!
- Now you can install Roblox from an APK file. Download the apk file online and proceed to the next step.
- Launching APK files is not possible from the Android built-in file manager, so you will have to install another file manager app. After you have done that, open the manager, go to “Download” and find the Roblox APK. Launch it, choose “Package Installer”, and the installation will start.
- Now you can run Roblox on your Chromebook as if it was installed the usual way.
The ARC Welder is a program that can run Android apps on Chrome OS. First, you need to download it from the Chrome Web Store, install, and open it. The file size is about 200MB, so you should get prepared for a longer download time.
Once it is launched, hit the “Choose” button, select the “Downloads” folder (where the Roblox APK is) and click “Open”. On the next screen, you will see the “Add your APK” button. Click on it, find the Roblox APK, and hit “Open”. You will then be asked to pick from different options – choose “Landscape orientation and Tablet form factor”.
This will then launch the Roblox app once to test it. Your playtime for one session is unlimited, but you will have to go through the same process anytime you want to run Roblox again. To avoid this stress, you can use the ARC Welder to install Roblox as an extension. Follow the steps below to do just that.
- Open the Chrome browser, go to the three dots icon, then “More tools”, then “Extensions”.
- In the top right corner, enable “Developer mode”. You will see a new menu below.
- Click the “Load unpacked” button.
- Next, find the exported folder for the Roblox app (should be in Downloads) and choose Open.
After the above steps, the game will be in your app drawer, and you can now run it like all other apps.
Method 3 – the Linux Way
Another method of how to play Roblox on Chromebook without Google Play is to install Linux OS on your Chromebook. After this, you will then try to run Roblox through a virtual machine program that allows you to run Windows apps on Linux. Explaining this very method will take a whole new article, so I will not talk about it here. Besides, this method might not give you a smooth gaming experience.
Reading to this extent, I guess you can now play Roblox on your Chromebook using the easiest possible way if your device does not support downloading the app from Google Play Store. You can share your experience in the comment section, regarding the method you used in achieving this.