This post specifically talks about how to play PS4 Games on PC revealing the basic requirements, system requirements, how you can download and install the PS4 Remote Play software on your PC and starts using it. This is a must-read for all game lovers across the world.
The gaming community has never experience such competition as it is in this present era, and the biggest competitors are Sony PlayStation and Microsoft’s Xbox one. Bur whether we like it or not, the PlayStation 4 is unarguably the most popular gaming console today and because of the competition, Sony has to constantly improve and upgrade its features to maintain the top spot.
But the Microsoft’s Xbox One continues to pose a threat when they announced that users can now play the Xbox One on PC. Sony on the other hand did not relent as they responded with a feature of their own – the PS4 Remote Play feature.
So, if you are looking for how to play PS4 games on PC, this post will serve as a guide on how you can use Sony’s Remote Play software to easily play your favourite PS4 games on your laptop or desktop computer. But before we move further, learn how to optimize Windows 10 PC for gaming so as to have a better gaming experience.
How to Play PS4 Games on PC Using Remote Play
The Basic Essential Elements Needed
Before I move further with this tutorial it is proper for you to have the necessary or essential elements. Without these elements below, following this tutorial or getting the best out of it is definitely impossible. All the essential elements listed below has been recommended by Sony’s development team.
You can as well use alternative devices, but Sony advises the following for an optimal gaming experience:
- Desktop computer or laptop
- The PS4console
- A wireless controller (Sony recommends the DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller.)
- A USB wireless adaptor or a USB cable (The adaptor allows you to use your controller wirelessly.)
- High-speed internet connection (Sony recommends upload and download speeds of at least 15 megabits per second (Mbps).
If you have all of the basic requirements listed above, then you are good to go.
PS4 Remote Play System Requirements
To use the Sony Remote Play software, you also have to ensure that your laptop or desktop computer meets all of the requirements listed below. The requirements also depend on your computer operating system.
PS4 Remote Play System Requirements on Windows PC
- Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 (Both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of these operating systems are acceptable.)
- Intel Core i5-560M processor 2.67 GHz or faster (The Intel Core i5-2450M processor 2.50 GHz will also work.)
- At least 100 MB of available storage
- At least 2GB of RAM
- Sound Card
- USB Port
- 1024×768 minimum resolution
PS4 Remote Play System Requirements on MAC
- The macOS High Sierra or macOS Mojave operating system
- Intel Core i5-520M processor 2.40 GHz or faster
- At least 40MB of free storage
- At least 2GB of RAM
- USB Port
Installing and Setting Up the PS4 Remote Play Software
At this stage, all you need to do is to first of all download the official PS4 Remote Play software. This software will allow you play any PS4 game on your computer. The most recent update (version 2.8) has improved its stability. If you are downloading this software now, you will have the most recent upgrades.
Just follow these simple steps.
Download the PS4 Remote Play software. You can download it from the official website by clicking here. The important thing here is to select the appropriate operating system for your computer. You have two options: Windows PC and Mac. If you download the software version that is not meant for your computer, you will not be able to install it.
Run the installation file once it has downloaded successfully. That will open a new dialogue box.
Follow the instructions displayed in the dialogue box in order to set up and install this software correctly. Make sure that you download additional software as well. To do so, simply check the appropriate options from the dialogue box
Setting Up the PS4 System
Once you are done with installing the PS4 Remote Olay software, you can now set tup your PS4 gaming console. Just follow the steps below.
- Navigate to your PS4’s Settings.
- Click on Remote Play Connection Settings and then click on the Enable Remote Play checkbox. This will enable PS4 to interact with the software that you have just installed on your computer.
- Go back and select Account Management from the PS4’s Settings menu.
- After that, set the PS4 system as your primary system. You can do that by selecting Activate as Your Primary PS4 and then clicking on Activate.
If you want to start the Remote Play feature while your PS4 is in rest mode, simply follow these steps:
- Navigate to your PS4’s Settings menu.
- Click on Power Save Settings.
- Select Set Features Available in Rest Mode.
- Select the Enable Turning on PS4 from Network and Stay Connected to the Internet checkboxes.
- And voila! You are now ready to start using the Remote Play feature.
How to Use the PS4 Remote Play
The hard part is to download, install, and set everything up. Using the PS4 Remote Play feature is very easy. Below is how you can use it with steps.
- Turn on your PS4. You can also put it in rest mode if you have enabled Remote Play for that mode.
- Pair your computer with your controller by using the DUALSHOCK USB wireless adaptor. You can also connect your controller to your computer via a USB cable.
- Launch the previously installed PS4 Remote Play software on your computer.
- Click Start.
- Enter your details and log in to your PlayStation Network account.
- Once you have done everything, maximize the PS4 Remote Play window, select the game that you want to play, and have fun.
Well, I will like to say that this is all you need to know on how to play PS4 games on PC or laptop. All you need to do is to go through the tutorials carefully and follows the steps thoroughly to ensure that you set up everything correctly. If you are already using Sony’s Remote Play to play your favourite PS4 games on your computer kindly share your experience with us in the comment section of this page.