Are you looking for a virtual business phone system? Then you are in the right place. This page contains important information you need to know about the online phone system, and how you can use it to grow your small business. Since AI is in vogue, and the world is going fully automated, you should not be left out of this trend.
Just like I hinted earlier, this page will equip you with all you need to know about virtual business phone systems, revealing to you the benefits, helping you decide if you really need one for your business, and introducing to you some of the best virtual phone systems for small business. So, I will advise you to read every single paragraph in this article to get all you need to know.
Virtual Business Phone System
The virtual business phone system is a great way to automate your small business, as it allows you to focus on more important matters. It is also cheaper compared to a traditional landline system simply because it uses your existing internet connection. The virtual phone system also offers advanced features and easy scalability no matter where your team is located.
Switching to a virtual phone system will offer your customers a higher level of customer support, increase office productivity, and bridge the communication gap that frustrates everyone. When it comes to running a small business, a virtual phone system should be an integral part of your growth effort.
It helps small businesses to achieve as much efficiency as a big high-tech companies. It achieves this by simply tracking, analyzing, and optimizing the way you carry out your business over the phone.
You have a lot to gain from a virtual business phone system. Such systems allow your business to track and keep records of the telephone leads coming in from your different marketing channels, such as your website or landing page, social media pages, digital ad campaigns, and even conventional ads.
Tracking your telephone activities digitally will enable you to calculate answer rates, telephone sales rates, and peak demand hours. You can also use most of these phone systems to automate reminders to get back to callers you have missed. These are just some of the capabilities a virtual business phone system can do.
A virtual business phone system also requires less hardware than a traditional landline, and it can be easily set up online (most times, in less than a day). Companies and organizations can port in any existing toll-free and local numbers, or select their own toll-free, local, or vanity numbers within multiple area codes. International business numbers are also available.
While some businesses may have separate telephone numbers for different departments, usually, each team member or department is accessible via an extension code. This means that employees can protect their personal phone numbers by providing customers with their virtual business phone numbers instead of personal ones.
Benefits of Using a Good Virtual Business Phone System
The following are the benefits of using a good virtual business phone system.
Optimization of Call Metrics
A virtual business phone system can help you increase your productivity by helping you track and optimize the following metrics:
- Call duration
- Wait times
- Hold times
- Overall usage
Tracing and Monitoring Calls
- Caller ID (connect a given caller with other information about them in your system to help you solve the caller’s needs most effectively)
- Call forwarding
- Call waiting
- Inbound call routing
- Call recording
Productivity and Automation
- One phone number across multiple users (anywhere in the world)
- Auto-attendant feature ( your team can route all the calls to the first representative who is available).
- Easily manage users. Add and remove employees without having an IT technician on board.
- Tap markets across the world using their virtual and Toll-free numbers. All that is required is a good high-speed internet connection (virtual phone systems use a VoIP system, meaning they transmit voice over the internet).
There are many available options for making and receiving calls
- Desk phone system
- Mobile cell phones
- Cordless phones
How to Know If You Need a Virtual Business Phone System
If your business is experiencing any of the following points outlined below, then it is time you consider switching to a virtual business phone system.
- Your business has a high number of remote employees, or if your team members are frequently away from their desks on business or sales trips, in client meetings, or on service calls.
- You use multiple business communication tools and are tired of constantly having to switch from one platform to another while on calls. Virtual phone systems offer a high level of integration with third-party software like CRM tools, so you can see all the essential information within a singular dashboard.
- Your daily call volume has exceeded your current number of available agents or has grown exponentially within the past few months. A good sign that you’ve exceeded capacity is an increase in missed business calls or voicemail messages.
- An increase in business or number of employees has caused your telecommunications costs to skyrocket
- You’ve recently opened a new location, or are interested in expanding your business to multiple locations. A virtual phone system makes it much easier for team members working across several locations — and remote employees — to connect with each other. It also reduces customer support resolution time, since clients can reach a representative faster.
Best Virtual Business Phone Service
If you have finally made up your mind, and you want to make a switch, below is my list of the best virtual phone services for business. You can choose any of them, or carry out further research to find a phone system that meets your need.
- Google Voice
Once you have decided to switch to a virtual business phone system, you should take your time to choose one of the best virtual phone services. By using this system, you can effectively manage all international calls with your customers, prospects, and partners. You can significantly increase your productivity by tracking and optimizing your telephone activity, and it can elevate you to the level of a high-tech company. So, go ahead and make that important decision today.