Snapchat is one social network that is loved by many, especially teenagers and females. There is hardly a teenager you will find in any part of the world that does not have the Snapchat app installed in his or her phone. That does not mean other ages and businesses do not make use of this app. There is an important feature that makes the application unique for businesses and events, and these are geofilters. In this post I will be revealing to you what Snapchat Geofilters are all about, giving you some lists, plus how you can create an On-demand Geofilter.
What is Snapchat Geofilter?
Snapchat Geofilter are unique overlays or graphic designs that are used to snapshots (photos or videos) on the Snapchat application. They are only available in specific locations.
Snapchat geofilters are never the same, the one of a particular location differs from that of another location. At the time app was created, there were just few available geofilters, which are practically in the custody of the companies. But recently, there has been lots of improvements, and there free ones which can be submitted through communities. It is now accessible to everyone. The paid version custom geofilters can be purchased, and they have a validity period of a month or just one day.
Also read: Best offline Card Games for Android and PC
Snapchat Geofilters are used by businesses and corporate bodies for important activities such as adverts, conferences and so on. Other Snapchat users also use geofilters to mark their events, such as birthday, family celebrations, weddings, and other occasions.
To use a geofilter, you will first of all start by designing it yourself or pay some fee to the team of Snapchat developers who will do everything for you. After you have finished designing it, you need to submit it for approval. The next step you will have to take is called mapping. You should note that geofilters are location-sensitive, which means they can only be used within a particular range. The range is given a technical term known as “Geofence”.
List of Snapchat Geofilter
Below is the list of some previously used Snapchat Geofilters. Their names are listed on the left-hand side, while their locations at the right.
- Orchard, Somerset, and Dhoby Ghaut
- Geneva Geofilter, Geneva in New York.
- Columbia Heights Geofilter, Columbia Heights in Washington D.C.
- Boston University Geofilter, Boston in Massachusetts.
- Ghent Geofilter, Ghent in Belgium.
- Big Ben Geofilter, London in England.
- Baltimore Geofilter, Baltimore in Maryland.
- Disney Resort Geofilter, Anaheim in California.
- Pinterest Headquarters Geofilter, San Francisco in California.
- Munchen Geofilter, Munchen in Germany.
- Brussels Geofilter, Brussels in Belgium.
- Ann Arbor Geofilter, Ann Arbor in Michigan.
- Canary Wharf Geofilter, London in England
- Fort Lee Geofilter, Fort Lee in New Jersey.
- Lincoln Park Zoo Geofilter, Chicago in Illinois
- Twitter Headquarters Geofilter, San Francisco in California
- St. Patrick ‘s Day Holiday Geofilter of 2015, Worldwide.
- Antwerp Geofilter, Antwerp in Belgium.
- Martha’s Vineyard, Martha’s Vineyard in Massachusetts
- West Minister Geofilter, London in England.
- Hyde Park Geofilter, London in England.
- Buckingham Palace Geofilter, London in England.
- DePaul University Geofilter, Chicago in Illinois.
- Paris Geofilter, Paris in France.
- Broadway Geofilter, New York City in New York.
- Piccadilly Circus Geofilter, London in England.
- Times Square Geofilter, New York City in New York.
- Manhattan Geofilter, New York City in New York.
- Blue Line Geofilter, Chicago in Illinois.
- Lewes Geofilter, Lewes in England.
- University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign Geofilter: Campus Story, in University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign Campus.
- Cape Code Geofilter, Cape Code in Massachusetts.
- Flatiron Geofilter, New York City in New York.
- Little Italy Geofilter, Chicago in Illinois.
On-demand geofilters are geofilters purchased and used by businesses, firms, and also individuals to mark their special events and locations in which trademarks and brand logos are allowed. You can pay Snapchat for this.
How to Create an On-Demand Geofilter
Creating an On-demand geofilter can be easier than you ever thought. To achieve that, just follow these simple steps outlined below.
- While on Snapchat, Click on the “On-Demand” Geofilter Page
After that, click on “Create Now”, which will prompt you to login with your Snapchat account details.
- Create Your Design
In this stage, you have to download the template of your choice which you will finally upload after creating your design.
- Designing Your On-Demand Geofilter
You have many options of Adobe Photoshop templates to choose from, after downloading the file and unzipping it. Use your preferred choice to design your geofilter
- Upload Your Design
After you must have finished creating your design, you can save it as a PNG file before uploading it on the On-Demand Geofilter window. Snapchat App will now send you a preview of your design so that you can have an idea of what the real thing looks like.
- Enter the Date and Location
There are various options you can choose from. For example you can make your geofilter to last for hours, or even for one month. In the blank space provided type in the date. Once this is done, the platform takes you to the map where you have to select a location by creating a Geofence and type the address. The Geofence like I said earlier is the perimeter within which the Geofilter can be accessed.
- You Geofilter Comes Live
You need to wait for a short period before your geofilter comes live, this is after your demands have been processed and approved. You will also receive an email or alert notification that your account has been debited for this service. This overall process does not take much time as the Snapchat platform will notify you with an email that your Geofilter has been activated and ready for use.
Checking the Performance of Your Geofilter
Snapchat App will always provide for you an analysis of how your geofilter performed, but that will be after its expiration. You will get the chance to see statistics such as “Uses”, “Views”. The former displays the number of people that used your geofilter, while the later represents the number of times users saw it.
How Much is the Price of Snapchat Geofilters?
The price of an On-Demand deofilter depends on some factors such as the size of the Geofence, and how long you want it to run. To know the exact price of each geofilter, you can get more information HERE.
Now you have seen the list of some Snapchat Geofilters, how to create an On-Demand geofilter, and a link to the full price list, what are your thoughts? You can use the comment box below to share some of your experiences while using a Snapchat Geofilter.